Guide to Fix Fortnite Lag
Fortnite lag has been troubling players across the globe. If you are also among those unlucky ones then this guide is the perfect solution to your problems.
Today I will carry out an in-depth analysis of actual reasons behind Fortnite lag and how you can counter the lag itself. If you have been facing lag in the game, then this guide is just for you.
However, before I get on with the details on how you can fix Fortnite lag, let us talk about why players come across such issues in the game. Unlike other video online video games, lag can be a byproduct of a number of things which include abnormalities in both, your internet connection and your gaming rig. So, before you get on with fixing Fortnite lag, it is essential you first understand where the problem is coming from.
However, finding where the problem lies can be a very daunting task. That being said, there is no need to panic as we are here to help you out. Check out the information below and see if your network connection is the problem or it is your PC.
Fortnite System Requirements
First thing first, you must ensure that your Fortnite lag is not due to your lackluster PC performance. For this, knowledge about the system requirements is a must. There are always two types of system requirements out of which one shows the least specifications while the other one is the recommended specifications for optimum performance.
Below, I have compiled a list of system requirements that will make sure that your Fortnite lag is not due to your PC’s bad performance.
Recommended System Requirements
|Processor||Core i5 2.8Ghz|
|Graphics||Nvidia GTX 970 / AMD R9 390 or above|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
Next, you must have an optimized PC for the best possible performance. For this, I recommend you to follow the steps given below:
1. Open up your graphics settings and click on settings.
2. Search for Fortnite. If the game is not added to the list of programs, then you must add the game to the list first.
3. Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1
4. Select GPU Acceleration and choose Single Display Performance
5. Set your Power to Maximum Performance
6. Uncheck the Vertical Sync box
7. Turn on Threaded Optimization
8. Set the highest Refresh Rate possible.
Fortnite FPS Lag
If you think that you are facing problems due to FPS lag, then you might want to do the following.
1. Starting off, you will need to download the FPS pack from a special shoutout to Panjno for providing the file that contains all the necessary files to optimize your game and increase the FPS.
2. When downloaded, copy everything that is located in the folder Game Files.
3. Next search for %localappdata% from the Windows search bar. Go to FortniteGame/Saved/Config/WindowsClient and paste the files that you copied from the Game Files folder
4. Search for FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe in your Fortnite game folder.
5. Right-click and go into properties
6. Not go to compatibility and check the Override high DPI scaling behavior and make sure to disable Full-Screen Optimization
Launch Commands to Fix Fortnite Lag Spikes
Once you have gone through the steps mentioned above, you should open the Epic Games Launcher. Click Settings and check Additional Command Line Arguments.
Now you have to paste the content from Launch Options.txt file that you’ll find in the file you downloaded above. Once done you are good to go.
All the steps mentioned above will most likely help in solving your Fortnite lag. If the problem persists then maybe your lag in Fortnite is due to a network connection fault. If that’s the case, you must follow the workarounds mentioned below:
Changing Matchmaking Region
In many cases, lag in Fortnite is due to poor network connection or settings. For this, the best thing you can do is change your matchmaking region.
Go to Fortnite, and click on Settings. Now navigate to advance settings and search for Matchmaking Region. This is where you can limit the network to choose game servers only according to the region. You can select from Asia, Europe, NA, and Oceania. Choose the region that is closest to you. The choice of region will help you get the lowest ping and minimum Fortnite lag.
Fortnite Lag Fix
If you are still unable to solve Fortnite lag issue with the settings mentioned above, it’s time to get a helping hand. There are many network issues due to which you might be facing Fortnite lag. Players themselves can’t do much about it. The issues include, but are not limited to traffic congestion, distant location and lengthy paths to the game server.
Kill Ping to the Rescue
This is where Kill Ping comes to play and provides you a one-stop solution to all the network-related problems, including Fortnite lag. Without going into the technical aspects of showing how it’s done, here is a pictorial representation of how Kill Ping works its magic.
Kill Ping provides you a dedicated route for your data packets to transfer to the game server while ensuring that the route is the shortest one possible. Furthermore, its advanced algorithms also make sure that you are not facing any congestion throughout the route and hence greatly reducing your chances of facing Fortnite lag.
I hope this guide will help you out in seeking solutions to Fortnite lag. If all else didn’t work then maybe it’s the right time for you to give Kill Ping a try.