Sea of Thieves Bilge Rat Adventures: Cursed Crews Now Available
Rare Studios is back again with yet another update for its increasingly popular open-world survival game, Sea of Thieve. It sets to take players on a brand new adventure, one which can cost players everything from time and effort, to even their lives. So, mateys, if you thought you have one the fight against the skeletal scourge, we have some dire news for you. That was just one of the many battles, the war has yet to be won.
Sea of Thieves’ Bilge Rat Adventure: Cursed Crews
Sea of Thieves’ Bilge Rat Adventure: Cursed Crews brings back the return of the Kraken, along with a ton of new content and performance fixes. Furthermore, a new campaign is now available in the game, granting players rewards for seeking out and destroying skeleton crews and ships with the all-new Cursed Cannonballs.
- Cursed Cannonballs – These magical cannonballs can now be found in barrels and crates around the world. There are 11 different types of Cursed Cannonball to discover, each unleashing a unique curse on players and ships.
- The Flag of The Reapers Mark – A mysterious power has been harnessed from Wanda’s Lab and now awaits in the Flag Box of every ship. The Flag of the Reaper’s Mark is a new cursed flag that reveals the location of any ship that dares to fly it. The location of these ships will be shown on all other ships’ maps, but specific ship types and Alliance status will remain a mystery.
- Inventory Quick Menu – Pressing the TAB key or the Menu button on your controller now shows two new options: ‘Equipment’ and ‘Resources’. From here players can equip themselves with the items they wish to use.
- Barrel 2.0 – Barrels in the world have been upgraded and can now contain more than one kind of item. Barrels on ships will still remain single item barrels.
- The Wailing Barnacle Weapons – The Pistol, Eye of Reach, Blunderbuss and Cutlass are now available to purchase with Doubloons from Duke. These items are time-limited for this Bilge Rats Adventure, so purchase while you can before they are removed on September 12th.
- Bilge Rats Titles – Complete Cursed Crews Commendations to unlock three new Pirate Titles: Bearer of the Reaper’s Mark, Master of Cursed Iron and Legendary Cursed Voyager. These titles will unlock straight into your Vanity Chest for maximum bragging rights.
- Bilge Rats Commendations & Doubloons – There are 16 new Cursed Crew Commendations available to unlock and the progress screen shows the number of Bilge Rat Doubloons each one rewards. There are to a total of 150 for this event, 90 for Standard Commendations and 60 for Legendary Commendations. Players have until September 12th to earn Doubloons by completing these Commendations.
Moreover, with this brand new update comes the Sea of Thieves Patch 1.2.4 which introduces some serious performance improvements within the game. To learn more about these improvements and the issues which have been dealt with, head on over to the official website for more details.