New Fortnite Update Removes Friendly Fire
After shifting the focus from Paragon, game developers at Epic Games are now focused to pull together the issues of Fortnite. The new Fortnite update is now live.
Recently, Eric Williamson, the lead designer at Epic Games mentioned about the changes to the game. The most important one relates to the removal of friendly fire. The update is live now. Bringing in more competitiveness to the game, Eric states that the developers are currently experimenting with different things.
We’re talkin’ Friendly Fire, the Map Exploit and a Battle Pass Bonus in our Battle Royale Dev Update – Snowpocalypse Edition! pic.twitter.com/FcYzNofQh4
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) January 22, 2018
The detailed post regarding all the patch updates can be seen on the official page. I have covered some major changes for you to have an insight below:
- Scoped AR has been removed from Supply Drops
- Scope for Scoped AR has been updated
- Grenade Launcher is back in place of the Snowball Launcher
- Grenade size has been increased
- Nade bug of exploding in shallow water has been fixed
- Grenade toss animation has been fixed
- If affected by Boogie Bomb, players cannot place traps
- Friendly fire has been disabled
- Players will now immediately aim their weapon upon landing on the ground if they press and hold the aim button while in the air
- DBNO squad member priority for pickups has been removed
- Building is no longer affected by Empty chests and metal street lights
- Corn stalks can now be destroyed immediately
It’s your time to share your opinion as to what you think of the changes. Will this update help the players in the long run? Does the removal of friendly fire give Fortnite more of a competitive edge or it has been brought in after a move from the competitor?