Fortnite v6.01 Update Introduces Chiller Trap; Patch Notes Now Available
With the Fortnite Season 6 in full swing, Epic Games is here with a brand new update for the game which introduces some pretty interesting features including a new Chiller Trap and a Sledge Hammer. So, for all those who have been waiting for the developers to add in new content, the time has come. Well, almost as downtime for the update is currently underway, which means you will have to wait a little bit longer.
Fortnite v6.01 Update Patch Notes
So, without further ado, check out the patch notes for Fortnite v6.01 Update down below:
Playground Custom Options
- Added more options to Playground. Allowing you to change settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more!
Weapons And Items
- Chiller added.
- Common Trap.
- Can be placed on floors, walls, or ceilings.
- Drops in stacks of 3 in Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and floor loot.
- Applies icy feet to friends or foes, causing them to slide around with low friction.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vehicles to become uncontrollable.
- Made improvements to the motion controls for the Switch to make it feel more accurate and responsive.
- Pets are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
- Toys now respect the streamer mode setting for player names in minigame messages.
- Slightly increased the hitbox size on the Fancy Tomato to match its visual size.
- The following adjustments have been made to Glider audio tells:
- Muffled the audio if there isn’t a clear line of sight between you other gliding players.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect audio would play when a teammate was eliminated.
- Added star ratings to the UI elements of all trap items.
- Fixed an issue where players occasionally couldn’t interact with items.
Fortnite v6.01 Update is going to be made available on all platforms including PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and Mobile as soon as the downtime finishes. So, while you wait for that to happen, comment below and let us know what you think of the upcoming update. Is that what you have been waiting for?