Fortnite Update v4.4 Patch Notes – Adds in Thermal Scope Assault Rifle
Ever since the release of Fortnite’s latest v4.3 Content Update which added in the all-new Bouncer traps, the community eagerly waiting for the Epic Games to reveal details regarding their next update. Well, the time has come. Fortnite’s developers are here with the complete patch notes of its forthcoming Update v4.4, for which the downtime is now live.
According to the most recent announcement, the downtime for Fortnite Update v4.4 is now live. Though the developers have yet to announce the exact details of downtime and its length, we believe, players can expect the game’s servers to be down for at least a couple of hours. But this is just a speculation. There is a chance, the servers come back online as we are writing this blog.
Downtime for the v4.4 update has begun. Scope out the Patch Notes here: https://t.co/bAuDcsDaFn
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) June 11, 2018
However, while we wait for the servers to come back online, there is a lot we can do/read as the patch notes for the upcoming Fortnite Update v4.4 is now live. According to the patch notes, a lot of content is coming to the game which includes a brand new Thermal Scope Assault Rifle, a new location and custom light effects for the Carbide and Omega skin. And this is just some of the changes and additions.
To learn more about everything that is coming to Fortnite Battle Royale with Update v4.4, check out the complete patch notes below:
Fortnite v4.4 Patch Notes
Weapons + Items
- Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 36-37 base damage.
- Can see chest, Supply Drops, enemy heat signatures, and more.
- Uses Medium ammo.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Renamed ‘Assault Rifle with Scope’ to ‘Scoped Assault Rifle’
- The maximum range of most weapons increased to 275 meters from 250 meters to match the distance that players are visible.
- The Bouncer Trap no longer floats in the air.
- Crouching while scoped in Loot Lake will no longer cause your view to be underwater.
- You can now throw Remote Explosive while sprinting.
- A new soccer stadium has been added to the northern area of the map.
- Added new light color options to Carbide and Omega.
- Pickaxes are no longer missing from the quick bar for players who join the match late.
- Currently equipped traps no longer change to a different trap unexpectedly when trying to place one into an empty space.
- Lightly pulling backward on the gamepad movement thumbstick while in the Shopping Cart will no longer make you move forward.
- Players will no longer get stuck shooting their weapon when switching seats and firing simultaneously in the Shopping Cart.
- Passengers ejecting from the Shopping Cart at high speeds will no longer get a large impulse.
- Players will no longer crash when viewing friends leaderboard.
- Improved interaction of players and Shopping Carts with soccer and basketballs.
- Improved network simulation of soccer and basketballs when kicked by other players.
- The Shopping Cart will no longer destroy unbreakable objects.
- Fixed an issue causing Shopping Carts from flipping over when hitting a Supply Drop.
- Shopping Carts will no longer float in the air after the platform they were on is destroyed.
- Client and server optimizations for Shopping Carts.
- Fixed a hitch on mobile when landing.
- Rendering CPU optimizations for all platforms.
- Fixed an issue where antivirus software was causing hitches on PC.
- The following adjustments have been made to footstep audio.
- Increased the volume of enemy footsteps by 25%.
- Changed volume falloff of footsteps from Logarithmic to Linear.
- Increased range of footsteps by one building tile.
- Added more detail to the Battle Bus audio.
- Lowered the volume of Hop Rocks activation, deactivation, and in-use sounds.
- Made the teleport rez-in sound when returning to the lobby more subtle.
- Improved soccer and basketball audio by adding rolling and bouncing sounds.
- Fixed cases where certain sounds wouldn’t play in highly populated areas like Tilted Towers or the pre-game island.
- Added in a new style for the options screen.
- HP bars no longer only show 1 HP if you switch between teammates while spectating.
- Interact prompts no longer display on chests for Shopping Cart passengers.
Art + Animation
- Updated the Battle Bus visuals and animations.
- Battle Bus now has animating parts and flashing party lights when flying.
- All battle bus models in the world have higher resolution.
- Animations will now play properly when exiting the Shopping Cart while simultaneously switching seats.
- Opening effects will now properly play after searching Supply Drops.
- “Wavey” effects now properly appear on Willow trees.
- Fixed an issue where sprays where not displaying correctly on some objects.
- Fixed an issue where markers on the replay timeline would not be cleared when changing player.
- Shopping Carts replicate more accurately while scrubbing through replays.
- Crash fixes and stability improvements.
- Players will no longer experience a short hitch when landing from the Battle Bus.
And this is not all as with Fortnite’s latest v4.4 Update, the developers are also adding in changes to Save the World, along with a couple of brand new game modes for Battle Royale. To get to know more details about those, head on over to the official website for more details.