Fortnite Patch v5.21: Heavy Sniper Now Available, Cloth Glitch Fixed
A couple of days back, Epic Games updated its in-game news tab with details regarding Fortnite’s next weapon, the Heavy Sniper Rifle. Well, with the game’s v5.21 patch going live, the wall-piercing Sniper rifle is now available.
Moreover, for the past few days, the entire Fortnite community has been complaining about a bug in the game which is causing the character’s skin to glitch out. After numerous reports, it seems the call has been heard as the all-new update features a fix for this menacing issue.
v5.21 is available now! Download the update and glide into the newest Limited Time Mode, Soaring 50’s.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) August 15, 2018
According to the developer’s official post, Fortnite’s v5.21 patch is now live in the game and since there is no downtime, players can log in as soon as the update has been downloaded. So, for all those who have been waiting to try out the all-new Heavy Sniper Rifle, the time has come. Download the update now and get to it.
That being said, while you wait for the update to download, take a minute out to check out the complete patch notes for the v5.21 patch down below:
Weapons And Items
- Heavy Sniper added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Grenades now properly grant progress for the Week 5 Challenge: “Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade.”
Art And Animation
- Cloth physics have been fixed and will now appear properly.
And there is more as with the update, comes a couple of all-new Limited Time Modes (LTMs), including one dedicated towards Sniper Rifles. To learn more about those, head on over to the official page for more details.