Dota 2 Update Adds Much-Wanted Underhollow Ban Phase
Ever since the release of Dota 2’s unique game mode “The Underhollow”, players have been spending countless hours in the game, trying to get their hands on the bonus Battle Pass points. However, with only a few heroes dominating the new game mode, players have been desperately asking for the developers to introduce a Ban Phase to Underhollow. And well, our call has been heard.
Valve is here with a brand new update for Dota 2 which not only adds significant optimizations and gameplay changes but also, the much-wanted Ban Phase for Underhollow. Hopefully, now you are not going to a see a Zeus and Tide combo win every game of the Underhollow. For more details on the Dota 2 update, check out the complete patch notes below:
- Added a ban phase. Each team can nominate one hero that is guaranteed to be banned.
- Heroes now incrementally load during the pick phase. This should help reduce cases in which low-spec machines timeout and disconnect while loading.
- Re-enabled in-game predictions for the upcoming TI8 games. | This was disabled during the Qualifiers.
- Updated the small dots on the Reward Tabs to show multiple rewards to support 16 items instead of 15.
- Lowered the width of the box where the ability build comment in the Guide Viewer from 800px to 660px
- Added support for a default “favorite team” spray. | Unreleased: Probably going to have sprays for your favorite team when the Player Cards are released.
- Minor updates and optimizations to stone and sand path texture files.
- Tons of localization updates across various languages for the regular game and Underhollow.
- Added support for custom games with two teams and multi teams to display Pick and Ban phase instructions for that mode. | Add “EnablePickRules” and set to 1 in the addoninfo.txt”
- Added sounscape files for Summer Terrain. | Unreleased: Probably going to update the Spring Terrain in Dota Plus to Summer Terrain soon.
- A large number of engine related updates seem to also be done in this patch on the backend.
The all-new Dota 2 update is now available for all players. The update packs a 350 MB size which comes included with all of these additions and changes. For more details, check out the official Reddit post. Comment below and let us know what you think of the all-new update and its addition, are you pleased with the all-new Ban Phase?