New CS:GO Update Brings Abbey And Zoo To Competitive Matchmaking
Previously, the developers behind Counter-Strike: Global Offensive released an update for the game which introduced the community to two new maps called Abbey and Zoo. However, since these maps were just recently added to the game, they were only available to play in games modes like Casual and Deathmatch. Well, today’s CS:GO Update, along with a number of map changes, both Abbey and Zoo have been added to the official Competitive Matchmaking list of maps.
CS:GO Update 01/02/2019
According to the official post, Valve has just released a brand new update for CS:GO which not only brings forth major map changes to the game but also makes Abbey and Zoo available for Competitive Matchmaking. For more information on the new changes, check out the complete patch notes for the update down below:
- Zoo and Abbey are now available in Competitive matchmaking.
- Visual updates overall to match present standards
- Replaced SWAT with FBI
- Reduced the number of corners/spots at the B site
- Removed glow effects from wall mounted fixtures to prevent smoke exploits
- Replaced foliage at interior lower mid to improve sightlines
- Raised ceiling in the connector between T spawn and A mid
- Moved swinging tire out of the way of sightlines
- Increased infographics’ resolution
- Removed dead guy at T spawn
- Disabled collision on some foliage
- Fixed minor visual glitches
- Opened mid skybox allowing T’s to throw grenades from the river area
- Opened mid skybox allowing players to throw grenades from A bombsites
- Opened A skybox allowing T’s to throw grenades from the right alley
- Replaced window model with wider one in the library (T’s side of middle)
- Added block bullets brushes in some places to prevent full penetration
- Removed bomb stuck spots
- Enabled collision on window models
- Reduced size of clip brushes in some places
- Added missing overlays
- Fixed various clipping issues
- Added new 3d skybox
- Removed tiny mountain
- Added some color to the map
- Added building on mid
- Made door into B site from CT side twice as wide
- Improved collision model of large HVAC units
- Blocked visibility under HVAC units
- Tweaked layout of the staircase leading up to B site
- Blocked visibility from T spawn to B site catwalk
- Added some props near the staircase to minimize fall damage
- Tweaked layout of bombsite B target
- Brightened ambient sunlight
- Fixed game state integration truncating long workshop map names.
- Fixed localization strings in some languages displaying numbers with zeroes after the decimal point.
That is it for now but be sure to check back later as we are going to bringing you more information regarding Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in the days to come. Until then, comment below and let us know what you think of the two new maps in CS:GO.