CSGO Update 184.108.40.206 Brings MP5-SD In Competitive Matchmaking
A couple of weeks back, Valve announced its newest weapon for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive called the MP5-SD. However, since the MP5-SD is new to the game, the silenced SMG was released only for the game’s casual modes including Deathmatch, Casual matchmaking and even Workshop maps. Well, with the developers releasing a brand new CSGO update today, the MP5-SD is now available to use in the official competitive matchmaking mode.
New character models (FBI) and the revised Nuke and Inferno Collections are now part of the drop list for all. That and more in today’s Blog Post and Release Notes: https://t.co/MZKYmrOXkb pic.twitter.com/vzIrfIQPxv
— CS:GO (@csgo_dev) October 4, 2018
CSGO Update 220.127.116.11
According to the official post, CSGO Update 18.104.22.168 is now available to all CSGO Players which brings forth not only the MP5-SD to the official matchmaking modes but also introduces a number of much-needed changes and features.
To learn more about all of the changes coming to CSGO with this new update, check out the complete patch notes down below:
- Updated FBI character models have been deployed to Nuke, Agency, and Office.
- Enabled MP5-SD in official Competitive Matchmaking.
- Added a new setting “mp_solid_teammates 2” which enables standing on top of teammates while still allowing to walk through them. The feature is now enabled in official Casual, Demolition, and Flying Scoutsman game modes.
- This update includes an updated version of steamclient.so for Linux dedicated servers which has multiple threading and integration fixes. For a limited time and old version of steamclient.so can still be used on CS:GO Linux dedicated servers.
- The 2018 Inferno collection and 2018 Nuke collection are now available as rank-up drops.
- Updated alpha channels on the SSG 08 and Mac-10 in the new 2018 Inferno collection.
- Fixed rare cases where audio device configuration will not save properly.
- Fixed the Beartooth Music Kit to respect MVP music volume.
- Fixed a VRAM leak in threaded Open GL contexts on OSX and Linux.
- Fixed a rare mouse left-click issue on OSX.
- Multiple performance improvements for OSX and Linux clients.
- Added support for DDS files using DXT3 compression.
- Added support for DDS encoded PNG files.
- Made corridor leading to ramp room from T side slightly wider
- Moved doors connected to trophy room slightly
- Changed CT team to FBI
- Removed angled pieces on bomb train in A site
- Improved player collision on bomb train in A site
- Added grenade collision to the ceiling of heaven in A site
- Made windows fully breakable instead of partially
- Fixed snowman’s hat not falling off when getting shot in the snow-head.
- Smoothed out movement on stairs
- Widened openings by CT spawn and truck in the garage
- Moved some furniture in T spawn
- Fixed some minor graphical glitches
- Tweaked lighting in CT spawn
CSGO Update 22.214.171.124 is now available and will automatically start downloading as soon as you log into Steam. The update size is approximately 120 MB but it can vary from player to player. If you wish to learn more about the update, we would advise you to head on over to the official website for additional details.